Wednesday 1 May 2013

Lulupu Challenge #12


Good morning folks!!

Today I am going to show you a card that I made for Lulupu's Challenge #12 - My First Love, My Dad. According to the challenge, we had to creating Masculine cards for any occasion for our Dads and here's my take on it. :)



I've used Patterned Paper from the Botanical Odyssey Paper Pad and most of the elements except the sticker are from the Pretty Party Chipboard Accent Stickers from Crate Paper. The Sticker around the gift is  by Bo Bunny.

It was fairly easy to make. But it somehow looked incomplete to me. So I added some Quilling around the corner. I used Quilling Strips from Quilled Creations in Light Brown and Beige and Ta-da! I was done. :)


I have always used Elmer's Craft Glue for Quilling but this time I decided to use Tombow Mono Multi Glue and I loved how even a tiny little drop is more than enough to hold those coils in place :)

The sentiment is all4dads  from The Stamps of Life and I have stamped it in Memento's Rich Cocoa. I also experimented with Ranger's Crackle Accents on  those little angles next to the Chipboard Gift. Although it's not clearly visible in the picture, it gives a finish like Broken Glass, which is really cool. Will use it in another project and click better pictures to show you what I mean.

That's how I made my card. Do hop on to the Lulupu Blog to check out what the rest of the Design Team has come up with and play along with us! It'll be fun!!! :)

Love,
Nikita. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!