Tuesday 3 September 2013

Scrapbook - Page #4: Scallops, Flowers & Stitches!

This post is the FOURTH post in a series. To read all posts in this series, click here.

See previous pages here...
1 | 2 | 3

So here I am sharing yet another page from the scrapbook. Actually, this was the first page I made in the end of July, just as Pretty Paper Studio's Sketch challenge for that month was coming to an end. I thought it would be the perfect thing to get me motivated and get me started on the scrapbook. Also, having a sketch I could use, only made things easier for me. :P This is the sketch from the Pretty Paper Studio Blog for their July Challenge. :)


I have barely used sketches for my projects, and this one was the first. But I have seen other designers use sketches and the thing that struck me most about it, was the fact that we didn't have to interpret the sketch literally; we are allowed to make a few alterations. Not that I made that many.

For the base sheet, I used a 12x12 sheet from Dear Lizzy Neapolitan Collection called Hazy Horizons. It was a double sided sheet and in the next scrapbook post, I will let you in on how I managed to save (and use) both sides of the sheet, so stay tuned. :D

This sketch provided the perfect opportunity for me to make flowers and I find it necessary to mention that, apart from Quilled Flowers, I haven't made any other kind and I am not sure why. Maybe it's because I am not so sure how to go about it. After a lot of thought and rummaging through my stamp collection, I found the perfect set that allowed me to make flowers without having to 'make' them.

It's a stamp set called thanks4oneyear by The Stamps of Life (not available online) that I received as a thank you from them for being their member for one year and it had this huge flower on it. So I stamped it on coloured PP from my scrap stash, on the reverse side and fussy cut it out in two sizes. Then, I spritzed water on it using mini misters and scrunched it before it let it dry. Then I layered a smaller flower over a larger flower and added a pearl in the center. :)

I also layered two small flowers over each other just to see how they'd look, and they looked pretty amazing to me, so I used them as well.


I took the scallops very very seriously and did not let go of the opportunity to use my scallop edge die!! As for the little line in the sketch under the scallop border on the bottom, I interpreted that to be stitched (because I look for an opportunity to stitch ALWAYS) and so I did that. Kind of pressed the Sew Easy a little too hard there and creased the paper :P


I did the journaling in my own handwriting (like I have done for every other page in this scrapbook), added a little button from the Follow Your Heart Collection by My Mind's Eye and Alphabet Stickers from Echo Park's This & That Graceful 12x12 Collection Kit. :)

I also added a chipboard element from the Dear Lizzy Printed Chipboard Shapes Collection.


And here's how I adhered the photos and the flowers and the scallops and the pearls and the chipboard piece :P


Enough teasing!! Here's a glimpse of the complete page.

See following pages here...
5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

Just embellishing the center of the page looked empty to me so I picked up my Amy Tangerine Draft Stamp set and stamped in Hero Arts Shadow Ink (Tide Pool and Soft Granite) randomly over the page, and I was done. I also added strips of co-ordinating scrap PP around the edges of the layers to finish it up. :)


Here is the list of the products I used to make this page...
From Lulupu


Other Products


Okay, so that was all for today. I know I have been saying that I'll share the Mini Album, and I really plan to do that sometime later this week.

Till then, have a nice evening!!

Love,
Nikita...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!