Wednesday 18 September 2013

Scrapbook - Page #7: Fussy Cut Flowers, Fabric Tape, and Thickers!!

This post is the SEVENTH POST in a series. To read all posts in this series, click here.

See previous pages here...
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

 Last time, I shared a page that used this double sided 12x12 sheet from Echo Park's Paradise Beach collection. For that page, I had used the beige, sandy side. The page I am sharing today, has a Lay Out on the blue, printed side.

As this page has a busy pattern already, I decided to use very few embellishments and even then, they had to be plain so as to not clash with the print on the Base Sheet.

Now this page had two pictures from the couple's outing to a Disco. I really enjoyed the creative freedom Deval gave me. Working with minimum restrictions allowed me to experiment so many new things, and I doubt the pages would have been half as good as they are now, had there been a list of Dos and Don'ts. 

She allowed me to title their pages too.. :) And this one was easy. I called this page 'Disco Night.' 

I used a plain blue sheet from the same collection kit as the base sheet and added White American Craft Journaling Thickers and tied a bit of blue twine to the left of the title. 


For the embellishments, I stamped and fussy cut flowers and leaves. The big blue flowers were stamped on the same PP as the background for the title and added a pearl in the center. For the smaller flowers, I used solid stamps. So I stamped on one side and used the other. These flowers have been coloured with Mustard Seed Distress Ink and I added a bit of shabby Shutters too. The white in the center is a drop of Ranger's White Enamel Accent. :) For the leaves, I stamped them using Crushed Olive Distress Ink, fussy cut them and creased the center by folding it before I glued them on the page.it I have used these flowers as embellishments over the page. I used these colours because they matched perfectly with the print :D




I did the journaling on the same blue PP and created a border using Cream Fabric Tape.


Here's what the entire page looks like.
The Washi Tape at the top and bottom is to cover the stitching that I did on the other side of the page. :)


See following  pages here...
8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

Here are the products I used to make this page..




Others




That's all I have for now. I'll be back next with something new I made. And I have a video for that. So keep an eye out. :)

Till then, buh-bye!
Love,
Nikita :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!