Tuesday 25 February 2014

BGC #45 - Sweet Tooth | Candy Makes Everything Better!

Hello crafty people!!!

Today I am sharing a card that I made for Beyond Grey Challenges' Challenge #45 - Sweet Tooth! This challenge was running from February 1st to February 15th of this month and as usual, I am a little late in posting this! :P

As a part of the challenge, we had to create a card that has the following two things:
   a. Something sweet on it.. Like an ice-cream or chocolate or a cookie on it. I decided to go with Candy!
   b. At least three colours from this palette.. I used almost all of them :)
{Source}
So I first stamped the candy on a circle I cut out from white CS - Rich Cocoa for the outside and Pear Tart for the swirl inside (that I had pre-distressed using Tumbled Glass, before stamping.) But just the stamping made it look too simple, so I added 3mm Quilling strips along the outline of the design to give it a 3-dimensional feel. Here's how it looked..



I then added some My Mind's Eye's twine from the Follow Your Heart Be Happy Collection.

I stamped the sentiment on a small piece of white cardstock using the masking technique.
Here are the colours used..
1. Candy Makes - Angel Pink & Rose Bud (Rock & Roll)
2. Everything - Tangelo
3. Better! - Cantaloupe & Dandelion (Rock & Roll)


And here's what the complete card looks like! :)


Here's the list of Products used...




That's all for now... Stay tuned for the next post! :)

Till then,
Happy Crafting!

This post first appeared on the BGC Blog - here.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful and neat quilling :) Love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy. Cute colours. Great sentiment. What's not to like in this card?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jasleen & Somdeepa :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!