Saturday 8 March 2014

Scrapbook - Page #13: Twine, Rosettes, Stitching & some Negative Space

This post is the THIRTEENTH POST in a series. To read all posts in this series, click here.

See previous pages here...
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

Alright, I am back! (Not in the KJo way, but back with another post.. :D :D)

After sharing a page with pictures from her birthday, here's a page with pictures from his. :) The base PP for this page is from Echo Park's For The Record 2 collection.

For this page, decided to make rosettes as embellishments. I used 12" long strips. For larger rosettes, the were 1" wide and I think 3/4" or 1/2" inch wide for the smaller ones. For the center, I punched out circles using the 3/4" EK Success circle punch and adhered twine underneath to make them look like they were floating.

On some of the rosettes, I cut out circles from one of the patterned papers from Kaisercrafts's Save the Date Paper pad. They had some pretty cool party themed words written on them which were hard to ignore :D

I also added some stitching (as always) on the top section of the layer on the page.

I used some of those circles by themselves too, all around the page.


For the page title, I used Memory Boxe's Classic Lower Case Alphabet Dies directly on the layered PP and snuck a different coloured PP underneath it. Instead of the letters popping up on the page, I wanted it to look like they had been dug out (or something like that :P). So I used the negative space to highlight another PP in a contrasting colour.

And ta-da... here's the whole page. :)

See following pages here...
14 | 15 | 16

Here are the products I used to make this page..




That's all for today.. Just three more pages to go.. Then, I can share other stuff (*cough* more scrapbook pages *cough*) too :D :D

Happy Weekend!

Love,
Nikita.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!