Monday 14 July 2014

Scrapbook - Page #4: Big Fat Wedding

This post is the FOURTH POST in a series. To read all posts in this series, click here.

See previous pages here...
1 | 2 | 3

Hello everyone and welcome to a brand new week!

Last week was so much fun!!! There was a wedding in the family and I have no idea how the went past!!! What's more is that I had to ensure that the posts didn't stop, so it took some extreme dedication and discipline on my part to finish them in advance and for the first time SCHEDULE them!! :P :P

Anyway, speaking of weddings, this page is all about the couple's wedding. An Indian wedding attire (especially for the bride) is traditionally in reds, maroons and pinks and this one was no different. So I chose a nice pink PP from Crate Paper's Flea Market Collection with pink hearts and all that bokeh effect with the hearts in the background. With the perfect paper in hand, I picked out all the matching embellishments and was ready to go! Let's start with peeks, shall we?

This is the top right corner of the page and aside from the washi tape, I've used two die-cut pieces
from none other than Kaisercraft's Hopscotch collection.

Below that, I did the journaling with a black gel pen.
I know you can see a little bit of the other parts of the page too, but it doesn't give away much. ;)

To the left of the page, I added a lot of embellishments.
This little floral one is either from Hopscotch or Amy Tangerine's Sketchbook collection, I am not sure.
I've added a little bit of stickles in the center.

Before I show you the entire jar, I want to share this..
To the left of the jar, I added a little wood veneer heart and a small piece of PP
with 'Love THIS' written on it (Flea Market)

This little jar of love is from Dear Lizzy's Neapolitan Collection
with a little bit of MME's Follow Your Heart Be Happy Twine tied around it.
To the right of (and a little but underneath) this jar, is one of the pictures.

To the right of the first picture, I added three more wood veneer hearts with stickles glitter on them.

Under the first picture and to its right, are pieces of PP cut out from one of the sheets
from DCWV's My Sunshine Paper Pad..
a) So Much Fun (under)
b) grins & giggles (to the right)

Here are a couple more Hopscotch die-cuts..

And a wood veneer camera!  

Then, under the first picture was another one. 
Under this, I added a chipboard sticker from MME's Nostalgia collection.

To the bottom right of the page, was the title.
As this was a wedding page, these little floral pieces seemed just the right fit in this design.

I did two things for the title.
a) I did BIG FAT in Amy Tangerine's Journal White Thickers.
b) I did WEDDING in Wood Veneer Alphabets and LOVED THE EFFECT!!
Also for the wood veneers, I made little brown PP banners for each letter 
and adhered the letter with tweezers on the banner 
and popped each banner on 3D Foam Squares to get the amazing raised effect!!
I also added a wood veneer arrow to point towards the pictures!

Take a look!!

I love love loved this Pink Paisley (not from Pink Paislee) and I know for sure
that this is from Amy Tangerine's Sketchbook Collection!!
It just seemed to perfect like a henna design! 
And it was pink!! I had to use it on this page!

Now for some close-ups from various angles...



This is the entire left side of the page...

And here's what the finished page looks like!!

Here are the products used to make this page..


That's all for now... I'll be back with a stunning box card next time!!! :D :D Yes, it is Quilled!!! Can't wait!

Have a great week people!!!
Love,
Nikita... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!